Two full days in nine hours


Three of the best stories of the day:

First: Two of my former students drove all the way from Pleasanton, California in two days just to be here. The don't have floor passes to the Convention, but they are here and they are loving it. I am totally inspired by their efforts to be a part of history... or at least a good party.

Second: I didn't get to see myself on television, but a lot of you did. And you let me know it, too - and it was awesome. My blackberry wouldn't stop blowing up (on vibrate). It got to the point that all the people around me would ask "Were we on TV again?" everytime I looked at it. We are redifining interactive democracy here.

A pic sent curtousy of my former student Tim Salud. Somehow he got this picture off the video feed of me at the DNC. Tim, can you post in the comments section below this just exactly HOW you did this?

Also, I got a lot of texts about the redhead in front of me (unfortunately, not a good picture here). Unless you're a recent high school grad, you need to back off. The girl is 19. And she's from Iowa.


AND PERHAPS THE BEST STORY FROM THE NIGHT...

Third:
DS: "Hello Mayor Newsom, I just wanted to shake the hand of the next great Senator from the State of California.”
GN: Smiles and laughs mildly.
DS: “My name is Dan Schneider and I'm a Delegate from the Bay Area."
GN:"Alright! Welcome."
DS: "I actually have an interview on KFOG tomorrow morning"
GN: "I love KFOG."
DS: "I know you do! You’re a Foghead. I listen to you when you’re on."
DS: “I think The Morning Show gang would be pretty fired up if we got a picture together.”
GN: “Sure! Let’s do it.
Picture taken
DS: “You know, Mr. Newsom, I just have to say one more thing before I leave."
GN: Nods.
DS: It’s regarding Civil Rights. I was an American History teacher for ten years and I've been following your battle closely in San Francisco and in the State of California. I am certain that you are going to come out on the right side of history on this. I just wanted to encourage you to keep fighting the good fight.”
GN: “Thank you very much.”



I met his wife too. She is awesome.

They are quite possibly the most striking couple on the PLANET... next to Katie and myself, of course.

The pictures and stories in the above links are pretty great as well.

And this was the same day I met Hillary Clinton and asked her to sign the photo of my daughter.

Everything! - so amazing and tangible.
ds

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are now an official smoozer! Are you sure you are not running for office? You have well developed networking skills. You go, Dan

Christine Larsen said...

Love the photo with GN! You're my hero.

KB said...

Schnikes 2012!!!!

Anonymous said...

Getting the picture was pretty easy. After I heard that you were on TV during Clinton's speech, I just "youtube'd" the video to the part people said they saw you. I watched the video on full screen mode and paused it when you appeared. Then, all I did was press the "print screen" button on my keyboard (button after F12). This button basically copies the image on the screen at the moment you press the button. So all i did was open up MS paint and paste it on there and save it, uploaded it my photobucket account and shazzam! Full proof the Dan Schneider is really at the DNC

Anonymous said...

Gavin Newsome is a sleaze ball. He is married AGAIN? Did you meet any of his mistresses? I bet if you bought him some shots at the bar he could tell you some great stories. Ask him how much gel he puts in his hair everyday.

Unknown said...

Well it took me a few hours and is gonna cost around 50 years in prison due to copyright infringement but here we go - what should easily make your list of top 10 accomplishments - you on The Colbert Report:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ewco31tym8

cp said...

Schneid. Get a mac and put your pics on a web gallery for relative free-ness. And then I don't have to join some stinking sight to see your "books."
Thanks :)
But following all your networking has been awesome and I'm terribly jealous you got to experience the historical amazingness that occurred this past week.

Dan's Top Postings From Denver I

1. Signs, signs everywhere there's signs The best story to come out of Denver was in the airport on the way home.
2. Yes we can. Yes we will” On the floor of Investco Field.
3. "For Brooke Elizabeth" The day Dan met Hillary Rodham Clinton..
4. “Two full days in nine hours and Snapfish pictures and storyline of Gavin Newsom's "Manifest Hope" Party in Denver
5. Numbers Notes from the Convention Center and information on two important voting blocks: Young voters and Hispanic voters.

Dan's Top Diatribes

1. "Lincoln" Dan sounds off on how the 21st Century Republican Party is no longer the party of Lincoln. To avoid further casual, conservative revisionism, he poses a unique contest of vigilance: winner gets to select something for him to break.
2. "Superman" Using his favorite superheroes in an analogy, Dan makes the argument as to why no Republican should win in November.
3. "Old Argument Odd Package" Dan breaks down John McCain's acceptance speech.
4. Russian Chess Masters" Dan offers a unique theory as to why Russia may have invaded Georgia.
5. “Can Rock and Roll Save the World? Let's see... This one isn’t a rant. It’s a plan.